1 Oct 2010

Weekly update (week 39)

Hi once again. Time for that update about what we have been doing. Since the first playtest of Assault (the work-name for my SAS inspired game) I have made some quite dramatic changes. Also, such things as explosives and flashbangs turned out to be much more popular than expected, so I had to go over those one more time to get some good and easy rules for that. And I discussed with another gamer who also like Battlefronts Flames of War about writing a skirmish game for those spare models you always end up with. We had a good discussion about how to make such a game and I'll see if I can try some ideas soon. Additionally, I really want to make a post with Vector Launch, my dogfighting game with spaceships, so I'm preparing a pre-release the coming weekend. Keep an eye out. Even if it might not have any examples or illustrating pictures, it is still playable. If you feel like helping me with it, please read the rules and tell me where you'd like an example or illustrating picture.

Johan than, he brought his Zombie Teaparty for a first playtest with individual characters and special missions for everyone. It went quite well but I feel sorry for dr Ivan Sokolov. So far he is not the double-edged sword he will be later. Personally I enjoyed crushing zombies with my car. But in general, the objectives did their job well, they made the players spread out and hunt for their objectives and leave the rest of the group. And never being more than one turn away from being swamped by zombies made everyone try to find the best way to cooperate. All in all, a big success (even if all players survived in the end).

Oh, and by the way, me and Johan have a small bet about who will make the first comment on the blog.

Well, see you next week
/Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment