3 Oct 2010

Vector Launch 1,3 Pre-Release

The idea for Vector Launch came to me when I was looking at sci-fi shows that takes place in space. I had this idea of small fighters that fly through space backwards or making strafing runs at larger targets. I wanted guns to be the main weapon and missiles being secondary to make the game up close and personal.

The game is quick and easy. But takes some time getting used to do basic manouvres like turning in the beginning. But after a while the players will be able to do quite advanced manouvres. And dont be discouraged if you die. Because if you do, you just respawn the next turn and is sent out to hunt for revenge.

This is a Pre-Release. The rules are all there, but I dont have any examples. If you have any questions, you are free to contact me and I will add any questions to the real release later.

You can find the .zip file with the ships and rules here.

4 comments:

  1. I can heartily recommend this game. It is the only one I've tried of the current selection on the blog and it rocks! Of course I may be seen as biased as I've done some of the playtesting. :P

    (The author of Aquahog's TT Blog fully endorses the use of Vector Launch for space dog fighting in any hexagon environment. End users are responsible for their own safety.)

    ((Btw, who won the bet?))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Johan that said it would be a close friend. I took the low odds of it being someone we didnt know.

    /Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome gameconcept.
    I and a couple of my friends tried it at Gothcon and I/we kinda fell in love with it. :)
    It could use some tweaking here and there but we have already some scenarios and versions in mind for as soon as we get some ships (or proxies) and preferably a starstudded space hexmap.

    Thanks again for the gaming and good luck in the future.

    //Oskar aka Captain Orko from Uppsala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also tried it on Gothcon, and if my ordered mat arrives in time I will arrange it (using battlefleet gothic and full thrust frigates) for a miniconvention in May.

    ReplyDelete